It's just one week until our first event of 2017 Vevolution Topics: Vegan Food and Innovation comes to The Trampery, London.
On the evening we will have delicious food available from the likes of Pomodoro E Basilico, ProofsPlace, Vida Bakery and Kind State Of Mind. And inspiring talks from some of the UK's leading vegan food innovators.
To get you in the mood for all things vegan food we have an Vevolution EXCLUSIVE recipe from vegan chef Ava who writes the superb blog Guac and Roll.
Overnight chocolate ice cream
By Ava Szajna-Hopgood
Guac and Roll
Overnight Chocolate Ice Cream
Makes 4 generous portions
I call this overnight ice cream not only because it’s best made by leaving overnight to do its thing in the freezer, but also because it’s ideal for surprise overnight guests (Buffy marathon impending) that definitely require a few bowls of vegan ice cream for their stay. This ice cream recipe is now available in the new Guac Kitchen Recipes pack, alongside 30 other vegan-staple recipes to help you build a vegan recipe repertoire.
Tip: You really, really don’t need a machine for this. But feel free to stir in chunks of chocolate or frozen fruit once you get to step 7.
½ cup sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
400ml coconut milk / 1 tin
Plus caramel, chopped almonds, frozen berries or desiccated coconut for serving.
1. Bring the water, sugar and cocoa to the boil in a small pot until the sugar has dissolved. Take off the heat and allow the mix to cool.
2. Add the coconut milk and stir.
3. Pour cooled mixture into a sturdy sandwich bag. Place the bag on a tray and flatten out and seal. It will look like gravy at this point but don’t let that get to you!
4. Freeze the bag overnight. In the morning, remove from the bag and break the icy mixture into chunks into the bowl of a food processor.
5. Whiz the processor for 30 seconds or until smooth.
6. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula and decant into a metal container.
7. Smooth over the surface and freeze until solid - this will take a few hours. Feel free to add in extras during this time- just make sure it gets a chance to properly freeze before being eaten!
8. Serve up with chopped nuts, sauces, wafers or waffles.
To get more vegan food inspiration
To get more vegan food inspiration check out Ava's new Guac Kitchen Recipes packs. They are filled with 31 amazing recipes to give you lot's of great ideas and recipes to try with friends throughout 2017.